Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Meet a PNB Ambassador: Barrister Nico Halle, Lawyer and International Legal Consultant


My name is Nico Halle and I am a native of the North West Region, particularly of Awing heritage. I am resident in both Awing village and the Santa sub-division.

I am permanently resident in Douala, Littoral Region and have been so since 1985. I am lawyer and international legal consultant by profession, and a peace, anti-corruption and human rights crusader by vocation. I have been in practice for over 25 years and counting. I am the senior managing partner of the Nico Halle & Co. Law Firm based in Douala, which is bilingual and deals in most aspects of legal practice. My practice is both national and international in scope as portrayed by the various accolades I have been blessed to receive. Venturing from the legal scene, I was appointed into the National Elections Observatory (NEO) from 2001 to 2007 to oversee municipal, legislative and presidential elections. Between the years from 2005 to 2007, I headed this structure and in like spirit continued to work towards ensuring peace, security, and the fight against corruption which has for a long time crippled the socio-economic and political structures of this beloved nation.

The North West Region can be considered the bread-basket of the entire nation given the potential it exudes in terms of socio-economic activities. The strength and resilience the people of the region show in the face of adversity is second to none. I would say that North-Westerners are “never-say-die people”. Over the years, business and economic activity has seen a steady rise/growth. Micro-finance institutions and entrepreneurs abound.  The people of the North West Region are go-getters and should not only be applauded but also encouraged.

As such, it is important to recognize projects like Project New Bamenda which seeks to engineer a new and innovative business and economic environment in the region. A wise man once said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country”. I believe the people of the North West Region have unconsciously begun to incorporate this old adage and moving forward in that regard.

Being involved in the development of the North West Region is nothing short of a privilege and honor, given the love and respect I have for the region. Through my deeds, I have been inspired by many, and I think it is necessary for already successful and influential North West elites to serve as inspiration to the younger generation, for the future is in their hands. I serve as a mentor and adviser in many spheres of life, and I am willing to assist or support any project geared towards the advancement of the economic and business activities in the North West Region.

Project New Bamenda is an idea I fell in love with the very first time I was introduced to it. This is the kind of innovativeness and progressiveness we ought to be talking about. Hard work and persistency is the hallmark of success and prosperity, and as such, PNB should be prepared to brave the storms, adversities and challenges it shall face on this route to success. PNB deserves every recognition, and as such I fully endorse this project and lend my support to its realization.

It is my fervent hope that North West becomes the beacon of peace, prosperity and hope, which all other regions in Cameroon seek to emulate. The potential for the Region to attract a plethora of national and international investors is evident. First of all, the necessary structures for such progress need to be in place and the economic environment must be conducive. This is the kind of environment PNB seeks to create through its various business and entertainment projects. On our end as professionals in the legal field, we need to ensure that the laws in place are favorable to business and economic development, and encouraging to potential national and international investors who have always had an eye on the region.


One Last One:

  •  My favourite dish is soaked garri in cold water with pear.
  •  My favourite place is my village Awing.
  •  My favourite proverb is the universal Proverbs 22:6*

*Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”





No comments:

Post a Comment