Friday, March 15, 2013

Meet a PNB Ambassador: Alenne Menget, Film Producer, Founder & CEO, ATS Productions


Alenne Menget


I am called Alenne Menget. I am from Njen-Batibo in the Momo Division, North West Region of Cameroon.

I am founder and CEO of the ATS Productions based in Akwa Douala. I am an investigative journalist with a television /movie production and action background. ATS Production was a dream of more than fifteen years when I was still doing my secondary education in Bamenda. We are the frontline producers of some of the most important documentary films about Cameroon with more than 65.000 YouTube viewers within eight months through our three Youtube channels. 

We have produced a total of 72 investigated documentaries and we are in the process of producing another 52 this year. Our domain also includes the production of talk shows, reality shows, movies, soap operas, music, radio and television spots and jingles, music clips. We also install radio and television stations, etc.

Bamenda happens to be the best place in the world to me. This can always be noticed from the smile I put on when I descend the station hill each time I visit my hometown. ”The land of plenty” as I usually refer to the North West Region has the most beautiful landscape in the world with very hospitable people living on it.

One thing has inevitably emerged as pillar of the 21st century life is the central command, which the media have emerged to hold. The media have been at the centre of all human activities, but at no time has it arrogated such power influencing growth and development of our society.

All over, the North West Region, people are investing enormous quantities of efforts in setting up private media establishments, which have become the real determinant of progress in nowadays life. Whether it is print, audio, or audio visual, the media remain the one most powerful and influential instrument that any community can be endowed with, today. I was part of the start of this new generation of media in the North West Region. 

It is true that a lot of local powerful media men and I have gone out in search of greener pasture to the world and have built beautiful careers and great media brands. We have abandoned our mother land. It is time we give back to our people what we have been given out all these years, priding more than ten years of media liberalization in Cameroon. Bamenda has its media history split into epochs. The various eras of pre-liberalization, immediate liberalization, modern post epoch with digital equipment, represent different growth points. However, not much of that growth has been felt with our media back at home.
I would like to take commitment to myself, to pay attention on how we could modernize our local media, emit and produce programs from our very rich and diverse culture and sell to other media around the world.


The North West Region has many talents of all walks of life who are scattered in every part of the world in search of greener pasture and it has been too green for them to come back and invest home. Project New Bamenda is a way to bring back these talents.

One Last One

My favourite dish from the North West Region is “Nang tari”, 
My favourite place is my area of origin most, the hold of Moghamo and my best proverb is “a kuru mbunga kuru tug”.
The meaning of Alenne is Mark, therefore Alenne Menget means Menget’s Mark.




No comments:

Post a Comment