Saturday, March 16, 2013

Meet a PNB Ambassador: Magasco Efsi, Music Artist


Magasco Efsi a.k.a Bamenda Boy


My name is Tohnain Anthony Nguo a.k.a Magasco Efsi, a Hip Hop/Afropop artiste from Boyo Division specifically the Kom tribe.

For now, I am a little bit everywhere nationally in Douala, Buea, Yaounde but mostly based in Bamenda where my career started.
Talking about my career, I  am a composer, writer and singer who started at the age of 5 but professionally, at the age 18. My music is a melting pot of hip hop and African rhythms heavily beefed up with African stories with major themes revolving around love and morality.

In 2012, I caught the attention of MuMaK executives who signed me and gave me more nationwide and worldwide visibility. I also won the “Bafani Awards” in the category of Revolutionary Artist in Bamenda. I am now currently working on my maiden album where some international collaboration will be felt.
     
I love the North West Region first as a mother because I was born and raised there, so technically she gave birth to me. Also life is affordable and above all, the people are welcoming and hospitable. 

My goal is to sing more about the region's lifestyle and realities so as to give it a global appeal and attention that will attract tourists to come witness the rich diverse culture found here. Reason why my second brand name, “Bamenda Boy”, represents the main city of this region.
   
Project New Bamenda is a dream comes true because I think its goals are purely developmental since it is re-branding the city to attain the status it deserves.

My wish is to blow internationally and put my region on the global map with regards to entertainment and tourism. I also wish and pray that many others break through from other sectors of the industry  like fashion designing, fine arts and even music because it is the cumulative effect of our individual efforts that will definitely make the North West Region the land of tourism and entertainment we all are craving for.





2 comments:

  1. Hey ma name is Laura Azenui aka Kedar an actual Bamenda girl.I love ur music too and I also compose,rap and sing with ma bro Terence Banmbuh aka lil Tucci who sings.Would u help someone to reach her dream like U DID?This is not a joke cuz I wouldn't waste ur time. 75939866 if yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you click the result you'll be able to listen to an audio preview of the song directly from one of those partners. http://thebest-music.com

    ReplyDelete