Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Meet a PNB Ambassador: Sine Tum, Music Artist



Sine Tum



My name is Sine Tum Emmanuel. I go by SINE (formally Sidney), both on stage and off.
I am from the Aghem tribe in Menchum division, Wum.

I am a music artist currently residing in Yaoundé, the capital city of Cameroon. The journey has been long. I had the honor of representing Cameroon in 2008 in Gabon in the first edition of AFRICA STAR in which I came out on top of the competition.

Since then, I have had the opportunity to record with top Cameroonian artists like Richard Bona, Petit Pays, Lady Ponce and many others. Also, performing in different countries within and out of Africa has been very beneficial in preparing me to face the challenging career of a musician in Cameroon.

Today, I am signed to STM Records and I work at STM Studios (The record label’s studio, housed at the Solomon Tandeng Muna Foundation), where my album was recorded and will be coming out soon. The first single, “Njoka Njoka” is now on the market and pleasantly, it is doing very well.

I went to CS Bayele primary school and later GBHS Bamenda. Bamenda is a precious priceless part of my life. I started my Career as a singer in Bamenda at the former Hollywood cabaret for those who can still remember. Bamenda holds a special place in my heart. I love the hardworking nature of the Bamenda man. I appreciate the fact that people are down-to-earth, and extremely welcoming. I’m proud to call it home.

In order to contribute to development, it is imperative that I excel at my craft. This is why I work tirelessly to constantly make great music. I have for the past years been working on an album project to also place myself in the competitive world of the music business. I am opened to any project that has to do with the development of this sector and any other sector like the health sector where I've been working with some renown NGOs like “K.O PALU” for the fight against Malaria, and “AAA” for the fight against HIV and Malaria. I believe that the more successful I am at what I do, will shine the light in the music business in Bamenda, creating more opportunities to the locals and an awareness to the world that Bamenda is ready.

Project New Bamenda is a great initiative. It is time for Bamenda to embrace the bright future that lies ahead of it. Congratulations on a great initiative. You have my full support.

My dream is to be able to support young artists from the North-West Region by creating the opportunities that I did not have when I was growing up. I want to see state-of-the-art art schools, recording studios flourishing in the North-West region, so that young people do not feel like they have to go somewhere else look for greener pastures which  is always around the corner.


One Last One

• My favorite dish is water fufu and eru but I won't say no to ekwang or Kati -Kati .





No comments:

Post a Comment