Monday, April 22, 2013

Meet a PNB Ambassador: Dr Daisy Ayim, Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Dr Daisy Ayim



I am Dr Daisy Ayim, Diplomate of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, born and raised in Bamenda.

My mother is from Mudum I and father from Widikum. I love growing up in Bamenda and I am absolutely proud of my roots.  My fondest memories are roaming the open hallways of Bamenda  General Hospital  as my mother was a busy midwife in the maternity unit and attending the wonderful games of PWD Bamenda where my dad was a serious footballer. Oh yes, the long walks to primary school in Aziri. Again, I love Bamenda!

I currently own and operate a private practice in Houston USA encompassing all aspect of women’s health and cosmetic medicine since 2009. Prior to starting my practice, I held faculty position at Johns Hopkins Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and served as Administrative Chief Resident at Howard University Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. I enjoy the entrepreneurism and opportunities available in USA to accomplish my vision. This vision will extend to Bamenda in either assisting our beloved Bamenda General Hospital via my time, resources, recruitment of fellow physician friends, etc. and/ or building an independent multispecialty health care facility. Regardless, Bamenda needs more access to quality health care.  However, my vision is not limited to health care industry as I forecast Bamenda to be an excellent opportunity for other business ventures on my agenda. 

We are progressive, dynamic people who are richly blessed in so many ways that our time has come to propel us to the world. This concept of Project New Bamenda is wonderful and our young energy is the key to re-vitalize our city.

One Last One

My favorite place is Commercial Avenue because of the hustle and bustle energy it radiates. I am a city girl at heart.

My favorite foods are Ekwang, Cocky-corn, Egusi Pudding, Puff Puff and Beans, Burning Fish with Miondoh.

My motto:  What you think you become.

My favorite village proverb: "When you present yourself as a doormat, don’t be surprise you are treated as such".

  




No comments:

Post a Comment