Friday, June 14, 2013

Meet a PNB Ambassador: Fulei N. Ngangmuta,Owner and Creative Director of Fulei Inc.


Fulei N. Ngangmuta


I am from the North West region and for that alone is why I am interested in that Region.  I was born in Bamenda, though raised in the United States, and that was home for me.  My entire family is there and Bamenda is what I know. 
I am the Owner and Creative Director of Fulei Inc. where we believe style and production come hand in hand.  We cater to the arts community, whether fashion, music, or entertainment, to bring a sense of style and make production easy for any project. This is done by getting to know our client one on one and creating a personalized plan to meet their end goal.
I created Fulei Inc. because after working many years in the fashion industry, through the retail, freelancing, projects, and being contracted, I saw a major need where people needed to be treated with respect, workers empowered to use their strengths in proper areas, and events that needed simple clear direction and organization.  These basic needs were not being provided for and I knew that I was able to do just that.
I have had much success in the industry by being given the opportunity to work alongside key players, gain experience, and network myself in many arenas.  Because of these opportunities, I was given a chance to run my first full fashion show in 2007 and since then have not stopped.  I have been the backstage manager for Fashion Week Tampa Bay since its inception in 2008, was contracted as a stylist for IMG in conjunction with Westfield where I toured 4 major cities in the USA and styled over 100 women in each market.  I have also worked in fashion retail since 2005 which developed my personal one on one abilities, leadership qualities, and sales skills.  Lastly I have helped organize, coordinate, and run numerous fashion shows, music events, and even weddings.

I feel like people from the Northwest are dedicated, resilient, and entrepreneurial at heart.  I love seeing that no matter the circumstance that we make the best of it and continue to strive forward.  Understanding how dedication to our word, family, and work are so integral to who we are as a people and that despite the many economic challenges and setbacks that Cameroon has, that we are able to push forward to create businesses and have an entrepreneurial mind in order to better our way of life.
My heart has always been for northwestern people to be recognized for the greatness that lies within us.  I want to be able to see the younger generation have a chance to really live out and fulfill their dreams and use the arts in order to ensure this path.  I believe as artistic as we are we have not given our younger generation the ability to really seek out and fulfill their dreams especially in the arts.  I want to be a catalyst for change and let the younger generation know that this is a viable and legitimate means of fulfilling your passion and being true to who God has created them to be.
I would love to partner up and collaborate with others who have a heart to see our next generation really be given the ability to work out their passions in a supportive environment and given the tools and opportunities to make this happen.

I think Project New Bamenda is a vehicle needed to bring change through economic growth and collaboration in order to see the prospering and betterment of Bamenda.  This is a much needed and well-timed opportunity for the northwestern region.
My dreams are that the arts and entertainment realms would be a viable industry to engage the global market.  That people worldwide would know where Bamenda is and that we are an equal contender in these fields, if not more.

One Last One

I enjoy “poisson braisé” with miondos and top pamplemousse on the side.  Since I’m a Kom woman, I do also enjoy kati-kati.




3 comments:

  1. I believe as artistic as we are we have not given our younger generation the ability to really seek out and fulfill their dreams especially in the arts. I want to be a catalyst for change and let the younger generation know that this is a viable and legitimate means of fulfilling your passion and being true to who God has created them to be.
    ----love reading this article and this statement move mountains within my soul. Wishing you love and success----Flenardo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful initiative and congrats BUT why these ambassadors NOT based in Bamenda or Cameroon ? It's a bit ironical don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fulei, it was a Honor corresponding with You. You are Beautiful, Artistic, and Creative. I admire You, and your endeavors. May You have much success,

    Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete