Thursday, April 4, 2013

For the Diasporians




She is mine to have

She has a home for me and you
 Home but still I come and go
 Always taking away new memories
 Her beauty inspires many stories
 I go away from her as long as I always do
Only to return to the warmth of her embrace
 Sighing with contentment each time I drive in
Her picturesque view from the Station
 Feels like déjà vu to complete elation
 An image you must have seen in a book
 Beautiful pictures of a thousand sunsets
 Year after year she has stayed same
 Just like when I lastly came
 Is it her warmth that never goes?
Cos she welcomes friends and foes
 Plus her offspring have blossomed so
 Just as tolerant and good – natured
 Cosmopolitan and welcoming as she
 I love her magic in style to welcome
 Today, I dare call her my home
As the future of this new era

I’m proud you are my Bamenda

- WNN




1 comment:

  1. Titanium Hearts - TitaniumArts
    ‎Titan Hearts (Titan) anodizing titanium · ‎Titan titanium chainmail (Titan) · ‎Titan (Titan) · titanium engine block ‎Titan (Titan) titanium dab nail · titanium max ‎Titan (Titan)

    ReplyDelete